The BioSmart 5000 is a multi-stage mechanical and biological filtration system in a compact package, designed for medium ponds or for ponds with moderate biological load (some fish).
During biological filtration, the water is channeled through a series of filter foams that create a special environment by allowing the settling of beneficial bacteria. During this stage, harmful ammonia and nitrites are converted to nitrates, which support plant life in the pond.
BioSmart 5000 features a built-in cleaning mechanism that does not require removal of the filter foams during maintenance.
- Innovative Flow-Through filter design with biological and mechanical filtration provides maximum oxygenation
- BioSmart 5000 is suitable for ponds up to 5,000 gallons (with no fish)
- High-surface area filter foams provide exceptional biological filtration capability
- Distinct filter zones promote the settlement of a variety of beneficial bacterial responsible for different phases of the nitrogen cycle, which increases the conversion of harmful ammonia in your pond
- Advance features include the built-in cleaning indicator notifies you when the filter needs cleaned and water temperature display tells you the water temperature at all times
- Cleaning handles for convenient maintenance allow for easy cleaning without needing to remove or manually unclog the filter foams
- After clearing the filter foams, the sludge drain can be opened for easy removal of coarse debris from the unit
- For best results and clear water guaranteed, use with an appropriately sized OASE pump and UV clarifier
- When properly sized, paired, and registered online, this product qualifies for the Clear Water Guarantee - Learn more at www.oase-livingwater.com/na/cwg
- 3 year warranty
- Effective Pond Size: up to 5000 gal. (without fish)
- Recommended Pump Capacity: 1600 GPH (min) to 2700 GPH (max)
- Intake Connection: 1 1/2 in. threaded female (2 x)
- Tubing Connector (intake): 3/4 in., 1 in., 1 1/4 in., 1 1/2 in.
- Outlet Connection: 2 1/2 in. (via Adapter Ring)
- Sludge Drain Connection: 2 in.
- Filter Foams: 4 (1x Red, 2x Blue, 1x Green)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 22 x 22 x 16 in.
- Limited Warranty: 3 Years